Cairn – Hiking Trails, Topo Maps & Safety Alerts
Description:Cairn helps you get home safely from any outdoor adventure. Easily share your plans with loved ones, download offline topo maps, see stats on your route, record your hiking trail and find spots with cell coverage. Recently named one of the 10 best apps for the outdoors by Backpacker Magazine. GET FOUND IF YOU’RE OVERDUE • Notifications: Safety contacts are notified when you’re past due • Live tracking: Contacts can see your GPS location during your trip or hike • Rescue advice: Contacts get important info needed to make intelligent rescue initiation decisions STAY CONNECTED IN THE OUTDOORS • Download topo maps that are designed specifically for outdoor pursuits • Send status updates with a single tap • Know where others have found cell coverage SEE TRAIL STATS • Get live distance, elevation gain and ETA stats for 4000+ hiking routes, summits, and trails in North America and the UK • Record and save your trail while you hike CAIRN IS + Easy: It only takes a minute to set up a Cairn + Open: Share plans with anyone – no app required to view + Customizable: Control how often Cairn collects your GPS location and battery usage + Flexible: Great for hiking, backpacking, trail running, skiing, cycling, rock climbing, camping, hunting, fishing, boating and more Need support? Get in touch via Twitter, Facebook or email us at [email protected] Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.…
Release Notes:- We've included an in-app 'how to use this app' tutorial
- We've added whole slew of new trails.
- Now you can put the map in 'follow' mode (the map will rotate and follow your position). Just tap the current location button twice!
- Version 2.0.17
- Created by FitClimb LLC
- Sold by FITCLIMB COM LLC
- Released on November 10, 2015
- File Size: 75 MB
- Price: Free!
- Age Rating: 4+
- Categories: Health & Fitness & Travel
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Trevor Joy (see all)
- Find trails, plot routes, and download info for offline use. | Gaia GPS - November 15, 2017
- How to Cross-Country Ski | REI Trailheads - October 17, 2017
- You should really try backpacking! | REI Trailheads - October 16, 2017