We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
PeakVisor is your official guide to mountain names and altitudes in your viewing area. Just point your phone at nearby mountains, immediately discover their namesakes and the height of their summits. It’s simple to use and is the best peak recognition app on the market! Whether you’re sipping coffee from a veranda overlooking the Swiss Alps, or hiking a leaf-covered trail in the Colorado Rockies, discover the majestic beauty of the mountains that surround you. Explore these geological wonders, thousands of years in the making. BENEFITS: Wherever you are in nature, pull out your phone, open up PeakVisor, point it at the horizon and instantly get the name and elevation of the surrounding mountains. * A perfect companion for any mountain area travels worldwide. * Always know which mountain you’re seeing and at what elevation. * Share information with friends when taking and sending photos. FEATURES: *Offline Ready* All data can be downloaded for offline use. You don’t have to worry about cellular connection while you’re on top of the world! *3D Mountain Panorama* Your phone camera is augmented with a high precision 3D mountain panorama rendered for your current location. Its built-in compass can be easily adjusted. Share engaging photos using this feature. *3D Compass and Altimeter* The app includes a high-tech 3D compass and an altimeter, that accurately measures the elevation of any mountain peak that comes into view... *Sun Trail* A sun trail identifies the current position of the Sun, shown pictured on top of the camera view. It helps adjusting the compass and planning your trip. *Photo Sharing* Share more engaging photos of your mountain adventures. Our photo feature within the app allows you to send your favorite mountain horizon shots with our digital overlay, naming summits and providing their heights right in your photographs!…
This time we focused on numerous internal improvements which are crucial yet very hard to notice. But there are still some things you might find interesting:
* Extended mountain information popup is much nicer now and more convenient to use. Try tapping on a mountain to see more details about it.
* Now you can enlarge peak labels (especially useful if you have a compact iPhone 4/5 or iPhone SE)
* So many times staying at the very top of a mountain we thought, wouldn’t it be great to share not only the epic beauty of nature but ourselves at the moment of achievement? So, we are proud to present the selfie mode! Now you could add your selfie into the Augmented Reality photo.
Please let us know what you would like to see improved in the app.
- Version 1.6.0
- Created & Sold by Routes Software SRL
- Released on December 21, 2016
- File Size: 127 MB
- Price: $3.99
- This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
- Age Rating: 4+
- Categories: Travel & Lifestyle