For more about Joe's documentary check out the video below and his Kickstarter page. For more about his recent trip, visit 14ers.com and have a look at his detailed trip report.
Filmed over the course of two weeks in the Maroon Bells-Snowmass Wilderness, this short film documents the highlights of my solo mountaineering adventure. I successfully climbed Maroon Peak (14,156ft), Pyramid Peak (14,018ft) and Capitol Peak (14,130ft), all while filming by myself. In some ways, it's almost a video self-portrait.
Special thanks to the guys at Rhino Camera Gear. I carried their slider on my back for miles and miles over many days, and over many thousands of feet of elevation gain. Worth it. rhinocameragear.com
Behind the scenes: vimeo.com/106117876
Shot on the Red Epic.
"Borealis" by Blake Ewing
"Leaving Earth" by Jordan Critz
Licensed via the The Music Bed
I'm a filmmaker that's in love with the outdoors. Help me share that love with others! Last August I flew out to Colorado with a camera and a dream of climbing some of the most iconic 14ers in the Elk Range. My goal was conceptually simple: I wanted to capture some epic footage and create a short film about my experience. And I'm happy to report that I did just that - over the course of two weeks I completed solo climbs of Maroon Peak, Pyramid Peak, and Capitol Peak, all while capturing the highlights of my trip on video.
- Find trails, plot routes, and download info for offline use. | Gaia GPS
- How to Cross-Country Ski | REI Trailheads
- You should really try backpacking! | REI Trailheads
- REI Presents: The Mirnavator Featuring – Force of Nature Mirna Valerio
- Autowash Car Washes Enroll in September to lock in early bird pricing forever!
Latest posts by Trevor Joy (see all)
- Find trails, plot routes, and download info for offline use. | Gaia GPS - November 15, 2017
- How to Cross-Country Ski | REI Trailheads - October 17, 2017
- You should really try backpacking! | REI Trailheads - October 16, 2017